|Turnout||71.12% of registered voters 8 pp|
38.76% of total population
|Elections in Pennsylvania|
The Philadelphia mayoral election of 1987 saw the reelection of Wilson Goode over former mayor Frank Rizzo, who had switched to the Republican Party.
- Wilson Goode, incumbent Mayor
- Ed Rendell, District Attorney of Philadelphia
- Bernard Salera, perennial candidate
|Democratic||Wilson Goode (incumbent)||334,039||51.05||4.21|
- Denvir, Daniel (22 May 2015). "Voter Turnout in U.S. Mayoral Elections Is Pathetic, But It Wasn't Always This Way". City Lab. Retrieved 28 April 2019.
- "Mayors of the City of Philadelphia 1691-2000". City of Philadelphia. Retrieved 28 April 2019.