Election results by county
40–50% 50–60% 60–70% 80–90%
40–50% 50–60% 60–70% 70–80%
|Elections in Pennsylvania|
The Pennsylvania Treasurer election of 2016 was held on November 8, 2016. Democratic Incumbent Rob McCord was ineligible to run for re-election due to term limits. The Democratic and Republican primary election was held on April 26, 2016, with each candidate running unopposed in their respective primaries. Four candidates would appear on the ballot: Democrat Joe Torsella, Republican Otto Voit, Libertarian James Babb, and Green Party candidate Kristen Combs. Torsella defeated Voit by just over a 6% margin, with Babb and Combs both receiving under 3% of the vote.
- Joe Torsella, former chair of the Pennsylvania Board of Education and Obama Administration's representative to the United Nations for budget and management reform
- Otto Voit III, vice-president of the school board in the Muhlenberg School District in Berks County The Green Party nominated Kristen Combs and the Libertarian Party nominated James Babb.
|Republican||Otto W. Voit III||1,191,619||100.0|
|Republican||Otto Voit III||2,610,811||44.21%||+0.22%|
- "Article IV, Sec. 18, Pennsylvania Constitution".
- "Official Pennsylvania Election Returns". 26 April 2016.
- "Official Pennsylvania Election Returns". 8 November 2016.
- "Treasurer Torsella". Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Otto Voit's Biography".
- "What you need to know about the Pa. treasurer candidates". 14 October 2016.
- "PA Election Returns, 2016 Presidential Election". 10 December 2018.