|330th Aircraft Sustainment Wing|
|Active||1949-1951; 1952; 2005-2010|
|Part of||Air Force Materiel Command|
The group served as single focal point for cradle-to-grave sustainment management for the C-130 aircraft to sustain mission effectiveness throughout the system’s life cycle. Responsible for all sustainment activities required to ensure C-130 aircraft availability was adequate for the weapon system to fulfill its assigned missions.
Primary activities included engineering, worldwide logistics, weapon system readiness, and wartime support. Managed aircraft overhaul, modernization and modification programs, and unscheduled depot level maintenance for the C-130 aircraft to include foreign military sales.
The 330 ASW also provided weapon system logistics support, oversaw unscheduled and programmed depot maintenance, and managed modification efforts for the Air Force’s fleet of C-5, C-130, C-17, F-15, U-2, and E-8C Joint STARS aircraft, Global Hawk, Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS), MC-130, HC-130 and various special operations combat search and rescue aircraft and helicopters to include AC-130H/U, MC-130E/H/P/W, EC-130J, MH-53J/M, HH-60G, UH-1N, TH-1H, and HC-130P/N.
With the end of World War II, the 330th was allocated to the Air Force Reserve. It was redesignated as the 330th Bombardment Group (Medium) and assigned to March Air Force Base, California for training with B-29 Superfortresses of the active-duty Strategic Air Command 22d Bombardment Wing, being activated on 27 June 1949. The wing was assigned to Fifteenth Air Force on 27 June 1949. As a result of the Korean War its personnel were activated into Federal Service on 1 May 1951 and deployed to Kadena AB, Okinawa for combat duty. . With its personnel deployed overseas, the wing was inactivated on 16 June.
The 330th was again redesignated as the 330th Troop Carrier Group (Medium) and allotted to 1st Air Reserve District at Greater Pittsburgh Airport, Pennsylvania on 14 Jun 1952. The unit may have just existed on paper and wasn't manned. It was also possibly equipped with Curtiss C-46 Commando aircraft. Nevertheless, it was inactivated on 14 Jul 1952.
Reactivated in 2005 as a Depot Support Wing at Robins AFB.
The 330th Aircraft Sustainment Wing was inactivated on 30 July 2010.