Map of the African Union.
African century is the belief or hope that the 21st century will bring peace, prosperity and cultural revival to Africa. Among those who have spoken of an African century are South African politicians Thabo Mbeki and Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Chevron CEO David J. O'Reilly, US Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill and celebrity campaigner Bono.
It has also inspired a radical policy journal - African Century Journal founded in 1999.
- ^ Thabo Mbeki's victory speech, BBC News, June 3, 1999
- ^ African Diaspora in the 21st Century Archived 2017-12-16 at the Wayback Machine, Address by Thabo Mbeki, 30 June 2003
- ^ Address by Minister Dlamini Zuma to the South African Institute of International Affairs, Johannesburg 30 January 2001
- ^ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-03-12. Retrieved 2006-06-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ^ a b Doing the Grand Tour in Africa, BBC News, 31 May 2002
- ^ "African Century Journal". Retrieved 2017-04-20.