Bathgate Industrial Park is an industrial park located in the Tremont neighborhood of the Bronx, New York City. It is south of the Cross Bronx Expressway, west of Third and Fulton Avenues (near Crotona Park), north of Claremont Parkway, and east of Washington Avenue in Bronx Community Board 3.
A joint project of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the New York City Economic Development Corporation (the PANYNJ leasing it from the NYCEDC) it opened in 1982 and is operated as a non profit organization. It was developed as an incentive to revitalize the South Bronx. The designation of the Bathgate Industrial Park in 1980 involved rezoning a former residential district characterized by vacant land and buildings.
The park, which covers seven city blocks spanning 20 acres (8.1 ha), contains eight buildings and has approximately 454,000 square feet of space for light industrial, distribution, office and educational uses. Tenants include a generic drug manufacturer and food distributors, and academic and vocational training centers. The Mott Hall Bronx High School and the Urban Assembly School for Applied Math and Science are located on the site, within the Bathgate Educational Campus.
- Hunts Point Cooperative Market, another industrial park in the Bronx
- Rail freight transportation in New York City and Long Island
- "Property owned or leased by the Port Authority (Contained within Port Authority Records as of 01-16-15)" (PDF). PANYNJ. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- "Port Authority Fashions a Bronx Industrial Showcase". The New York Times. 7 July 1985. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Bathgate Industrial Park Local Development Corporation · 1831 Bathgate Ave., Bronx, New York 10457". Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "NEW BRONX INDUSTRIAL PARK WILL BE DEVELOPED BY CITY". The New York Times. 8 February 1984. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- Silverman, Steve (1982). Bathgate Industrial Park: A case study of an attempt to revitalize the South Bronx (Report). Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University.
- Partnership for the Future: A 197-a Plan for the Revitalization of Bronx Community District #3 (PDF) (Report). Bronx Community Board #3. 1993. p. 15. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "A BRONX INDUSTRIAL PARK GAINS A TENANT". The New York Times. 27 July 1983. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Bathgate Industrial Park - Real Estate & Development - Port Authority of New York & New Jersey". Retrieved 12 February 2017.