Be'er Tuvia Regional Council
מועצה אזורית באר טוביה
مجلس إقليمي بئر طوفيا
|• Head of Council||Dror Shor|
|• Total||140,000 dunams (140 km2 or 50 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (IST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (IDT)|
It borders Yoav and Nahal Sorek regional councils in the east; Hof Ashkelon regional council, the Mediterranean Sea, the city of Ashdod and Gan Yavne local council in the west; Gederot, Hevel Yavne regional councils and Gedera, Bnei Aish local councils in the north; Shafir regional council in the south. The town of Kiryat Malakhi is enclaved in the middle.
Be'er Tuvia was incorporated as a regional council in 1950, with a land-area of approximately 140,000 dunams (140 km²). According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics, the regional council had a population of 18,600.
Initially all settlements in the area were built as agricultural. There are lot of plantations and crop fields can be seen. Farms producing beef and milk are also developed. The Buffalo Ranch in Bitzaron is very famous.
Yet, over the years the local government developed industry on the lands that belongs to the regional council.
Today there are four industry zones: