|Bill Clinton Boulevard|
|Sheshi Bill Clinton|
Bill Clinton Boulevard is a boulevard located in Pristina, Kosovo.[a] Following the Kosovo War of 1998 to 1999, Albanians in Kosovo wanted to thank former U.S. President Bill Clinton for his help in their struggle with the government of Yugoslavia. A 10-foot-high (3.0 m) statue of Clinton was unveiled on the boulevard on November 1, 2009, at a ceremony in which the former president spoke.
Elsewhere in Pristina, another street has also been named after U.S. President George W. Bush. In addition, several cities in Kosovo, including Prizren, have streets named after President Woodrow Wilson.
- Tourism in Kosovo
- History of Kosovo
- Bill Clinton
- Kosovo War
- Albanian Americans
- Albania-United States relations
- Kosovo-United States relations
- "Kosovo unveils Clinton's statue". BBC. 1 November 2009.
- "Kosovo Unveils Clinton Statue," New York Times, November 1, 2009[dead link]
- Bill Clinton Statue on Atlas Obscura