Binbrook is a village and civil parish in the East Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated on the B1203 road, and 8 miles (13 km) north-east from Market Rasen.
Previously a larger market town, it now has a population of about 700, rising to 892 at the Census 2011.
Binbrook Grade II listed Anglican parish church is dedicated to St Mary and St Gabriel. There were two village churches, St Mary and St Gabriel, since disappeared. A new church with joint dedication was built in 1869 by James Fowler.
Binbrook is close to the site of Binbrook Airfield, originally opened as RAF Binbrook; the airfield housing is now the new village of Brookenby.
An electoral ward in the same name exists. This ward stretches south east to Fotherby with a total population taken at the 2011 census of 1,831.
The parish of Binbrook contains the site of the lost medieval village of Orford. Orford was the site of a priory of Premonstratensian nuns. The priory was founded around 1170 by Ralf d'Albini of the Anglo-Norman baronial house of Mowbray, and was endowed with the church at Wragby. At the time of suppression in 1539 it held a prioress and 7 nuns.
- ^ a b c Cox, J. Charles (1916) Lincolnshire pp. 64-65; Methuen & Co. Ltd
- ^ "Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 18 August 2015.
- ^ Historic England. "Church of St Mary and St Gabriel (1063134)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- ^ Pevsner, Nikolaus; Harris, John; The Buildings of England: Lincolnshire p. 191; Penguin (1964); revised by Nicholas Antram in 1989, Yale University Press. ISBN 0-300-09620-8
- ^ "Key Figures for 2011 Census: Key Statistics – Area: Binbrook (Ward)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- ^ Historic England (2007). "Orford (351872)". Heritage Gateway. Retrieved 10 April 2010.
Media related to Binbrook at Wikimedia Commons
- "Binbrook", Genuki.org.uk; retrieved 29 June 2011
- Village web site
- Binbrook CoE Primary School
- St Mary & St Gabriel Church