Branislav Crnčević (left)
|Born||8 February 1933|
Kovačica, Kingdom of Yugoslavia
|Died||14 April 2011 (aged 78)|
|Resting place||Belgrade New Cemetery|
|Alma mater||University of Belgrade Faculty of Philosophy|
|Children||Vida, Ivan and Mina|
Branislav "Brana" Crnčević (Serbian Cyrillic: Бранислав Брана Црнчевић, Serbian pronunciation: [brǎnislaʋ brâːna tsř̩ntʃeʋitɕ]; 8 February 1933 – 14 April 2011) was a Serbian writer and politician.
Throughout his decades-long career, he wrote novels, aphorisms, short stories, TV dramas, poems and children's literature.
He graduated from the University of Belgrade Faculty of Philosophy. He began his career as an employee of the Zrenjanin brewery regional office in Novi Sad. He then worked as a journalist and editor in the newspapers Jež and Duga along with the newspaper for children called Mali jež. He also published columns in various newspapers and magazines such as NIN and Politika. In the meantime, he published his first children's book Bosonogi i nebo and later his first collection of aphorisms Piši kao što ćutiš. He entered into the literary scene under the pseudonyms Vinon Rumski and Branislav BIP.
He was one of the screenwriters for the 1987 film The Harms Case.
Death and legacy
Crnčević died on 14 April 2011 after a long illness. He is interred in the Alley of Distinguished Citizens in the Belgrade New Cemetery in a joint plot with Milutin Čolić, Mladen Srbinović and Momo Kapor.
- 1963. Bosonogi i nebo
- 1963. Cipelice od krokodilske kože
- 1963. Njen prvi čaj
- 1965. Devojka sa tri oca
- 1965. Kafanica, sudnica, ludnica (izvođeno i kao predstava u Ateljeu 212)
- 1965. Piši kao što ćutiš
- 1968. Dunavo
- 1967 – 1971 Zanati
- 1971. Kapetan i lula
- 1971, 1981, 1989, 2006. Dnevnik jednog...
- 1978. Peta strana sveta
- 1982. Sibiri
- 1982. Emigrant i igra
- 1984. Mrav dobra srca
- 1985. Snovi bez tumačenja
- 1990, 2006. Srpska posla
- 1992, 2006. Srpska i hrvatska posla
- 1994. Glasnik
- 1997. Crni đavo, crveni rep I-II 2001. III
- 2001. Pesme
- 2003. Zaštitnica umetnosti i druge pripovetke
- 2005. Zemlja nadimaka
- 2006. Knjiga zadušnica
- 2006. Obećani svet
- 2007. Sedam mokrih majica i drugi zapisi
- 2008. Ima da nas nema
- 2009. Čuvari pepela
- 2010. Šta ima
- 2010. Piši kao što ćutiš (izmenjeno, dopunjeno i prošireno izdanje)
- 2011. Crni đavo, crveni rep I-II
- 2011. Zaštitnica umetnosti i druge pripovetke
- 2012. Trosobna samica / Trёhkomnatnaя odinočka, drama
- Interview for Politika