Dalhart Municipal Airport (IATA: DHT, ICAO: KDHT, FAA LID: DHT) is three miles (5 km) southwest of Dalhart, Texas, a city straddling the border of Dallam and Hartley counties in the northwest corner of the Texas Panhandle.
Dalhart Municipal Airport
|Owner||City of Dalhart|
|Location||Hartley County, near Dalhart, Texas|
|Elevation AMSL||3,991 ft / 1,216 m|
The airport sees no airlines.
In the year ending June 25, 2009 the airport had 22,750 aircraft operations, average 62 per day: 75% local general aviation, 25% transient general aviation, and <1% military. 30 aircraft are based at this airport: 80% single-engine, 17% multi-engine and 3% glider.
The airport was built by the Army and opened in May 1942 as Dalhart Army Airfield. Initially assigned to Army Air Forces Glider command, while under construction the command's temporary headquarters operated from a tent city in Amarillo.
Dalhart AAF closed in December 1945; the property went to the city. Several remaining buildings have been used as the Dalhart municipal airport.