The department is divided into eight bureaus, and most of the work of the department is handled through over 100 autonomous organisations under these bureaus:
- University and Higher Education; Minorities Education
- Technical Education
- Administration and Languages
- Three Central Universities in the field of Sanskrit, viz. Central Sanskrit University, New Delhi, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University, New Delhi, and National Sanskrit University, Tirupati
- Kendriya Hindi Sansthan (KHS), Agra
- English and Foreign Language University (EFLU), Hyderabad
- National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL)
- National Council for Promotion of Sindhi Language (NCPSL)
- Three subordinate offices: Central Hindi Directorate (CHD), New Delhi; Commission for Scientific & Technological Terminology (CSTT), New Delhi; and Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore
- Distance Education and Scholarships
- UNESCO, International Cooperation, Book Promotion and Copyrights, Education Policy, Planning and Monitoring
- Integrated Finance Division.
- Statistics, Annual Plan and CMIS
- Administrative Reform, North Eastern Region, SC/ST/OBC
Notes and referencesEdit
- ^ "UGC Act-1956" (PDF). mhrd.gov.in/. Secretary, University Grants Commission. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- ^ Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IISST) Thiruvananthapuram Declared as Deemed to be University, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Press Information Bureau, 14 July 2008
- ^ "IIST gets deemed university status", The Hindu, 15 July 2008, archived from the original on 18 July 2008
- ^ ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE Archived 29 September 2010 at the Wayback Machine Department of Higher Education website.
- ^ Technical Education Overview Archived 5 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine Dept of Ed.
- ^ National Level Councils Archived 1 February 2010 at the Wayback Machine Tech Ed.
- ^ Council of Architecture website
- Department of Higher Education– Official website
- Niranjana, Tejaswini (2014). "EPW_report_Indian_Languages_in_Indian_Higher_Education" (PDF). pdf.js. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Loan Assistance for Higher Education