Niphates callista (tube sponge) with sea cucumbers and cup corals –
Sabellastarte sanctijosephi (Feather duster worm) in Oceanapia amboinensis (Sponge) –
East Timor has some of the best dive sites in the world due to its location, warm waters, minimalist tourist trade and lack of commercial fishing or heavy industry.
Situated in the Coral Triangle, Timor is surrounded by deep water (about 2,500m between Liquiçá and Alor Island, Indonesia) that gives home to coral and fish life, including the annual migration of whales through the Ombai Strait and Wetar Strait.
- ^ Marine Megafauna Surveys in Timor Leste June 2009 Archived 21 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
||Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Dive Sites of Timor-Leste.|
- Timor Divers Network at Congo-Pages.org
- Admiralty EasyTide Tidal Predictions for Dili
- Wikimedia Commons – Images of marine animals of Timor-Leste
- Nudibranch Species from Timor-Leste