#420 arrives in Beacon on former LOOP 3, now route B.
|Parent||Dutchess County Division of Public Transit|
|Headquarters||14 Commerce Street|
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
|Service area||Entire Dutchess County with service focused in the Central, southern and western part of the county|
|Service type||Local and rural bus service|
|Routes||16 fixed routes, 6 dial-a-ride services, 4 flex routes and 3 RailLink shuttles|
|Hubs||Beacon Intermodal Center, Poughkeepsie Transit Hub|
NTD Program filing for Dutchess Transit, 2009</ref>|
|Daily ridership||3,500 |
|Fuel type||Diesel, Diesel-Hybrid|
|Chief executive||John C. Andoh, CCTM|
|Website||Dutchess County Division of Mass Transit|
The Dutchess County Public Transit is the bus service provided by the Dutchess County Division of Public Transit in Dutchess County, New York. Dutchess County Public Transit provides a variety of bus services throughout Dutchess County ranging from fixed-route services, centered primarily along the Route 9 corridor, rail shuttles to/from Hudson Line stations, and demand response/deviated flex services.
LOOP (the previous name), and the Division of Public Transit, was created in the early-1970s as the assumption of a variety of private line runs that had served various parts of the county.
Dutchess County Public Transit provides service along 6 routes in a hub-and-spoke system from Poughkeepsie. In the past, routes ran to the far northeastern reaches of the county (to North East and Pine Plains), but these routes have been removed from the service area because of lack of ridership.
- All routes operate Monday-Saturday unless otherwise noted. Routes A, B, F, and H are the only ones that operate Sunday.
- The one-way fare is $1.75. Transfers are only available to/from routes within the City of Poughkeepsie for 30 cents.
Poughkeepsie note: Unless otherwise noted, outbound buses originate at the Poughkeepsie Transit Hub near the Mid-Hudson Civic Center (Main & Market), then operate to the Metro-North/Amtrak station, then to their respective destinations. Westbound buses stop at the Poughkeepsie Transit Hub, then operate to the Metro-North station where they terminate.
|Route||Terminals||Major streets traveled||Notes|
Eastern Dutchess Government Center
Dover Elementary School
Chamber of Commerce or Wingdale
|Cannon St (WB only)
Mid-Hudson Civic Center
|G||Beacon Train Station||Main Street||
|H||Poughkeepsie||Galleria Mall||Route 9||
|I||Poughkeepsie||The Shoppes at South Hills||Route 9||
These routes operate weekday rush hours only, to and from their namesake Metro-North station.
|Route name||Terminal||Streets traveled|
|Poughkeepsie RailLink||Poughkeepsie Town
Route 55 Park-and-Ride Lot at Page Industrial Park
Freedom Plains Road
|Beacon RailLink||Dutchess County Stadium||Route 9D|
|New Hamburg RailLink||Wappinger
Old Hopewell Road and Route 9
Myers Corner Road
All Angels Hill Road
Old Hopewell Road
City of Poughkeepsie Routes
These routes were established as part of the expansion of the Dutchess County Public Transit service into the City of Poughkeepsie due to the discontinuance of the Poughkeepsie city bus system.
• Route CJ (Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital, Route 9G, Dutchess Community College, Stop & Shop Hyde Park)
• Route CK (Vassar Hospital, Beechwood Avenue, Hudson & Poughkeepsie Plazas)
• Route CL (Main Street, Riverfront, Poughkeepsie Train Station, Adams Fairacre Farms, Stop & Shop, Kmart)
• Route CM (Earline Patrice Park, Dutchess Community College, Fox Hill)
• Route CN (Monday Shopper Special Shuttle)
• Route CO (Friday Shopper Special Shuttle)
• Route CP (Poughkeepsie Outer Loop), Counter Clockwise)
- City of Poughkeepsie Transit, the former provider of bus service in the City of Poughkeepsie
- Putnam Transit (PT), the system serving Putnam County connecting with Dutchess County Public Transit in Beacon on the weekends with a trolley service
- Ulster County Area Transit (UCAT), a similar system in Ulster County connecting with Dutchess County Public Transit in Poughkeepsie
- As of April 2017.
|100-103||2010||OBI||Orion VII NG
|104-105||2010||OBI||Orion VII NG HEV
|Cummins ISB||BAE HybriDrive
|400-404||2014||ElDorado National||Axess BRT 35'||Cummins ISL9|
|405-409||2015||ElDorado National||Axess BRT 35'||Cummins ISL9|
|500-509||2016||ElDorado National||EZ Rider II BRT 30'||Cummins ISB6.7|
|600-612||2014-2015||IC Bus||AC Series||
|906-907||2010||Chevrolet/ARBOC||Spirit of Mobility||Powered by diesel-electric hybrid.|
This roster is incomplete.
|Detroit Diesel Series 50||Allison B400R|
|301-315||2004||Chevrolet/Coach & Equipment||C5500/Condor CMD-55||GM 6.6L Duramax V8|
|401-402, 407||2000||Blue Bird||CSFE||
|413-414, 419-420||Blue Bird||CSFE||
- NTD Program filing for Dutchess Transit, 2009
- Dutchess County Division of Mass Transit Homepage