The East New York Loop was a short rapid transit structure in East New York, Brooklyn, New York City, United States, connecting the Fulton Street Elevated and Broadway Elevated, and its associated service patterns. The changes were unpopular with residents and soon undone; the loop was later used to connect the Canarsie Line to the Broadway Elevated. As part of the Dual Contracts, the loop was torn down and replaced by the multi-level Broadway Junction.
The Brooklyn Rapid Transit Company acquired the Broadway Elevated (Brooklyn Union Elevated Railroad) on March 25, 1899, and the Fulton Street Elevated (Kings County Elevated Railway) on July 6, 1899. Plans were soon made for a connection at East New York, where the two lines came within a block of each other. Free transfers would be implemented between the elevated and surface lines here. The electrified loop opened on August 8, 1900, and immediately received complaints because of a forced transfer at the loop to shuttle trains or surface cars to continue beyond East New York during off-peak hours. The new service pattern was blamed for poor school attendance. The old pattern was finally restored in late 1903 or early 1904.
- "Transit in Possession of Brooklyn Elevated". Brooklyn Daily Eagle. March 25, 1899. p. 1.
- "To Run Road Next Week". Brooklyn Daily Eagle. July 7, 1899. p. 1.
- "New Transit System Needs a Fair Trial". Brooklyn Daily Eagle. November 2, 1899. p. 6.
- "Twenty-Sixth Warders Complain of New L Loop". Brooklyn Daily Eagle. August 10, 1900. p. 3.
- "Small School Attendance is Charged to the Loop". Brooklyn Daily Eagle. November 21, 1900. p. 18.