The Edison Storage Battery Company was organized in New Jersey on May 27, 1901, to develop, manufacture, and sell the Thomas A Edison, Inc Edison Storage Battery Division label.
It produced batteries for mining lamps, train lighting and signaling, submarines, electric vehicles, and other uses. The company had its own research department and sales force, but it also sold batteries through separate sales companies, including the Edison Storage Battery Supply Company and Miller Reese Hutchison, Inc.
In June 1932, the company merged with Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
Edison Storage Battery Company Building, is located at 177 Main Street and Lakeside Avenue in West Orange, New Jersey. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 28, 1996.