- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
|Industry||Domain name registration|
|Launched||June 13, 2014|
Google Domains is a domain name registrar operated by Google.
Google Domains offers domain registration (including private domain registration), DNS hosting, DNSSEC, Dynamic DNS, domain forwarding, and email forwarding. It also offers one-click DNS configuration that connects the domains with Blogger, Google Sites, Squarespace, Wix.com, Weebly and Shopify. The service is accredited by ICANN.
Google Domains was publicly launched under a beta test mode on January 13, 2015 and still remains in beta as of Oct 2021, Google became a domain name registrar as early as in 2005.
The IANA number assigned by ICANN is 895. As of Oct 27, 2021, it supports more than 300+ tld.
Google Domain provides native integration support for Google Cloud DNS and Google Workspace.
- ^ "Google Domain Frequently asked questions".
- ^ Kumparak, Greg (June 23, 2014). "Google Gets Into Domain Sales". TechCrunch.
- ^ a b Perez, Sarah (January 13, 2015). "Google Domains Launches To All In U.S. With Support For Blogger Integration, Templates And More Domain Endings". TechCrunch. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- ^ Lisota, Kevin (January 15, 2015). "Google Domains: Useful for some small business owners, but useless in many cases". GeekWire. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- ^ Pinola, Melanie (January 13, 2015). "You Can Now Buy and Sell Domain Names on Google Domains". LifeHack. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- ^ "Google becomes domain name seller".
- ^ "List of Accredited Registrars". www.icann.org. Retrieved 2021-10-11.
- ^ "Google Domains Registrar Service Launched in India". NDTV Gadgets 360. Retrieved 2021-10-11.