Greif at "Hanse Sail 2008"
|Commissioned:||2 August 1951|
|Identification:||IMO number: 8862571|
|Notes:||Call sign, DQFD|
|Class and type:||Brigantine; 100 A5 Sailing ship, German Lloyd|
|Tons burthen:||179,2 tons; 280 tons displacement|
|Length:||41.10 m (134.8 ft) LOA|
|Beam:||7.40 m (24.3 ft)|
|Draft:||max. 3,60 m|
|Propulsion:||MTU Marine Diesel, 8 cylinders, 233 HP|
|Sail plan:||15 sails, 570 m² sail area, 14 kn (26 km/h) max. speed under sail|
|Complement:||Max. 50 crew|
It was built in 1951 at Warnowwerft, Warnemünde/Rostock with a steel hull. It was launched May 26, 1951 and commissioned August 2, 1951. It was the first steel vessel built after the war at the port, and was christened Wilhelm Pieck for the first president of the German Democratic Republic. In 1990 it would participate in the first German-German sail event. The ship was given to the town of Greifswald and overhauled in Rostock, and given the new-name Greif.
- Hanne Marie (also based from Greifswald)
|This article about a specific civilian ship or boat is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|