The IEEE Industry Applications Society was formed in 1964 as the Industry and General Applications Group, and changed its name to the IEEE Industry Applications Society on December 3 of 1971.
The Society publishes the IEEE Industry Applications Magazine
and the IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications
The Society organizes and co-sponsors several international conferences every year such as:
- Electrical Safety Workshop
- Rural Electric Power Conference
- Industrial & Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference
- Cement Industry Technical Conference (cosponsored with the Portland Cement Association
- Petroleum & Chemical Industry Conference
- Pulp and Paper Industry Conference
- Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting
- IEEE-IAS Electrical Safety, Technical & MegProject Workshop
and many more international and national events. See also IAS Conference Calendar.