The Inspector-General of the RAF was a senior appointment in the Royal Air Force, responsible for the inspection of airfields. The post existed from 1918 to 1920 and from 1935 until the late 1960s. For much of World War II, a second inspector-general post existed.
The first creation of the post began on 22 August 1918 as a member of the Air Council. However, in February or March of the following year, the Inspector-General ceased to sit on the Air Council.
The following people served as Inspector-General of the RAF:
From May 1940 to November 1943, a second inspector-general was appointed in addition to Ludlow-Hewitt who continued to serve. The additional inspectors-general were
After November 1943, Ludlow-Hewitt remained as the only inspector-general until he handed over to Sir Arthur Barratt in October 1945.