Jan Adhikar Party (Loktantrik); English: People's Rights Party (Democratic) is a political party in Bihar, India. The party was formed by Indian politician Pappu Yadav (Rajesh Ranjan) in May 2015.
Pappu Yadav is a Member of the Indian Parliament from Madhepura and was expelled from Rashtriya Janata Dal for years due to anti-RJD activities. The party was launched just before 2015 Bihar Legislative Assembly election. Pappu Yadav campaigned against Nitish-Lalu Alliance. Jan Adhikar Party (L) fought on 64 seats as part of Socialist Secular Morcha which comprises Jan Adhikar Party, Samajwadi Party, Nationalist Congress Party, National People's Party, Samajwadi Janata Dal Democratic and Samras Samaj Party.
The party was not able to win a single seat in 2015 Bihar Legislative Assembly election and collected 1.04% of vote in the election.
- Official Website of Rajesh Ranjan (Pappu Yadav)
- Official Website of Jan Adhikar Party (Loktantrik)
- ^ "पप्पू यादव ने बनाया प्रगतिशील लोकतांत्रिक गठबंधन, उपेंद्र कुशवाहा को दिया साथ आने का न्योता".
- ^ Madhepura MP Pappu Yadav expelled from RJD, may join hands with BJP | Zee News. Zeenews.india.com (7 May 2015). Retrieved on 2015-07-28.
- ^ "Samajwadi Party teams up with Pappu Yadav, NCP, 3 others to form third front".
- ^ Bihar@2025 campaign stunt: Pappu Yadav. The Hindu (11 June 2015). Retrieved on 2015-07-28.
- ^ Bihar@2025 campaign political stunt, EC should stop it: Pappu Yadav – The Economic Times. Economictimes.indiatimes.com (10 June 2015). Retrieved on 2015-07-28.
- ^ Pappu Yadav launches new party | Business Line. Thehindubusinessline.com (9 June 2015). Retrieved on 2015-07-28.
- ^ Yadavs join hands to fight in unison. Telegraphindia.com (29 June 2015). Retrieved on 2015-07-28.
- ^ Expelled RJD MP Pappu Yadav floats new party – The Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (17 May 2015). Retrieved on 2015-07-28.
- ^ Pappu Yadav could win over disgruntled Lalu supporters in Bihar. Hindustantimes.com (11 June 2015). Retrieved on 2015-07-28.
- ^ "Bihar Bihar Election Results 2015". infoelections.com.
- ^ "Bihar administration gears up for counting".
- ^ "EVMs in strongrooms, CISF jawans on guard". The Times of India.