Kefalonia Airport "Anna Pollatou"
Αερολιμένας Κεφαλονιάς "Άννα Πολλάτου"
|Operator||Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture|
|Elevation AMSL||59 ft / 18 m|
The airport opened in 1971 to serve the former municipality Leivathos with improved transportation links; Kefalonia is now a single municipality. A new runway and the current terminal building were constructed in the 1980s.
In December 2015 the privatisation of Kefalonia Airport and 13 other regional airports of Greece was finalised with the signing of the agreement between the Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture and the state privatisation fund. "We signed the deal today," the head of Greece's privatisation agency HRADF, Stergios Pitsiorlas, told Reuters. According to the agreement, the joint venture will operate the 14 airports (including Kefallinia International Airport) for 40 years as of April 2017.
The new operator is planning a major upgrade of the airport's facilities, including the construction of a new terminal building to replace the outdated existing one, by 2021. Upgrades to the Airport will include new Check-in desks and security lanes, larger airside space with more shops, along with new Carousels for arrivals and extra car-hire companies. Work has also been completed on the car park and pick up/drop off points outside the terminal building. 
Airlines and destinations
The data token from the official website of the airport.
KTEL runs a limited bus service between the Airport and Argostoli.
- "KEFALLINIA AIRPORT". Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- Airport information for LGKF at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for EFL at Great Circle Mapper.
- "Tornos News | Greece signs privatization of 14 regional airports with Germany's Fraport". Tornosnews.gr. 2015-12-14. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- Reuters Editorial (2015-12-14). "REFILE-UPDATE 1-Greece signs major privatisation deal with Germany's Fraport | Reuters". Uk.reuters.com. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "Blu Express adds new seasonal routes in S17". Routesonline. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "New routes for summer 2015". Easyjet.
- "Cheap Flights to Kefalonia from Glasgow Intl". Jet2.com. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "Peoples fliegt charterflüge ab Salzburg - Austrian Aviation Net". www.austrianaviation.net.
- "Flight Timetable". tui.co.uk.
- "Ktel Kefalonias". www.ktelkefalonias.gr. 2017-08-14. Retrieved 2017-10-17.