LKL Kursis (M54)
|Builder:||Burmester Werft, Bremen|
|Launched:||4 August 1958|
|Commissioned:||11 June 1959|
|Refit:||1960–64, to Type 331 minehunter|
|Fate:||donated to Lithuania, 2001|
|Commissioned:||27 April 2001|
|Status:||in active service|
|Class and type:||Lindau-class minesweeper|
|Displacement:||395 t (389 long tons)|
|Length:||47.1 m (154 ft 6 in)|
|Beam:||8.3 m (27 ft 3 in)|
|Draught:||3.71 m (12 ft 2 in)|
|Propulsion:||2 x MTU 871 diesel engines|
|Speed:||16 knots (30 km/h)|
|Sensors and |
|search sonar (193M)|
LKL Kursis (M54) is a minehunter of the Lithuanian Naval Force. Built in West Germany in 1958 as Marburg (M1080), a Lindau-class (or Type 320) minesweeper for the German Navy, she was upgraded to a Type 331 minehunter in the 1970s. Germany donated Marburg in 2001 to the Lithuanian Naval Force, which renamed the ship Kursis. The vessel augmented the Squadron of Mine-hunters, which had been established in 1999 with the similar donation of sister ship Koblenz, which became Sūduvis (M52).
- "The Squadron of Mine-hunters". Lithuanian Armed Forces. Ministry of National Defence Republic of Lithuania. Retrieved 9 November 2009.
- "Koblenz (6124570)". Miramar Ship Index. Retrieved 9 November 2009.
|Latvian Naval Forces|
|Lithuanian Naval Force|
|South African Navy|
|This article about a specific naval ship or boat is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|