La Vale Tollgate House
|Location||14302 National Hwy., US 40|
La Vale, Maryland
|Area||1.4 acres (0.57 ha)|
|NRHP reference No.||71000363|
|Added to NRHP||January 25, 1971|
La Vale Tollgate House is a historic toll house in La Vale, Allegany County, Maryland, United States. It is a two-story brick structure built in 1835–1836, with seven sides—a basic polygon plan. A one-story Tuscan-columned porch extends around the five outer sides of the polygonal portion. On top is a non-functional reconstructed cupola. The building served as a toll house on the Cumberland or National Road and was the first such structure to be erected.
Media related to La Vale Tollgate House at Wikimedia Commons