LP was founded in New York City in 1964 by Martin Cohen. As the company expanded, they added imported lines to their catalog, and also became an exporter.
- ^ "Kaman Corp. Acquires Latin Percussion, Inc". Phx.corporate-ir.net. 2002-10-21. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- ^ "Fender to Buy Kaman Music Corp". 18 October 2007.
- ^ "Drum Workshop Purchases Latin Percussion, Toca Percussion, Gretsch Drums, Gibraltar Hardware, and KAT Percussion from Fender's KMC Subsidiary". 7 January 2015.
- ^ LP's martin Cohen Honored by Intl. Latin Music Hall of Fame, Music Trades, July 2001
- LP home page
- About LP
- Martin Cohen Interview NAMM Oral History Library (2006)