|Lufkin Air Force Station|
|Part of Air Defense Command (ADC)|
Location of Lufkin AFS, Texas
|Type||Air Force Station|
|Controlled by||United States Air Force|
|Garrison||815th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron|
Lufkin Air Force Station came into existence as part of Phase III of the Air Defense Command Mobile Radar program. On October 20, 1953 ADC requested a third phase of twenty-five radar sites be constructed.
The 815th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron was moved to Lufkin AFS on 14 February 1957. It began operating an AN/FPS-3A search radar and an AN/FPS-6 height-finder radar, and initially the station functioned as a Ground-Control Intercept (GCI) and warning station. As a GCI station, the squadron's role was to guide interceptor aircraft toward unidentified intruders picked up on the unit's radar scopes.
The Air Force inactivated Lufkin on 1 June 1961 due to budgetary constraints. The site is now home to one of the Texas state supported living centers.