|Namesake:||Nelcebee after the Aboriginal name for a spring at Port Pirie|
|Owner:||Captain Williams of Port Adelaide (1983-unknown), unknown (-1962), R Fricker and Company (1962-1982)|
|Builder:||Thomas Seath at Rutherglen, Scotland|
|Fate:||To South Australian Maritime Museum|
|Type:||Steam tug and lighter (1883-1927) Motor ketch (1927-)|
|Installed power:||Steam (1883-1827) Diesel (1927-)|
|Sail plan:||Ketch (1927-)|
Nelcebee was built in at Rutherglen in Scotland by Thomas Seath. It was assembled and tested before being broken into parts and shipped to South Australia where it was reassembled by Thomas Cruickshank in Port Adelaide.
Nelcebee was then refitted with a diesel engine, and given two masts. It commenced operation in the South Australian coastal trade from 1928 serving Spencer Gulf and Gulf St Vincent ports and carrying loads such as wheat, gypsum, and minerals. In 1962 the vessel was sold to R Fricker and Company and commenced working to supply Kangaroo Island until it was retired in 1982.
Nelcebee was the second to last ketch operating in the South Australian coastal trade along with Falie. Upon retirement, it was the third oldest vessel on Lloyds Register of Shipping. It is now held by the South Australian Maritime Museum.
- History SA > Nelcebee Accessed 6 October 2014.
- "Port Adelaide Renewal Project, Historic Ships and Boats Strategy" (PDF). Prepared by Mulloway Studio for Renewal SA. 15 March 2017. pp. 17–18. Retrieved 18 February 2019.