|Main Building of the Ministry of Defense|
Здание Минобороны России
|Address||Znamenka 19, Moscow, Russia|
|Owner||Russian Defense Ministry|
The building was designed by Russian architect Lev Rudnev and was renovated by Mikhail Posokhin who was the main architect of Moscow (1960–1982). Ground was broken for construction on 1940, and the building was dedicated on 1952.
The main ministry building, built in the 1940s and renovated in the 1980s, is located on Arbatskaya Square, near Arbat Street. Other buildings of the ministry are located throughout the city of Moscow. The high supreme body that responsible for the Ministry's management and supervision of the Armed Forces is The National Defense Management Center (Национальный центр управления обороной РФ) which is located in Frunze Naberezhnaya and responsible for centralization of the Armed Forces' command.
The building has eight floors. The walls are decorated with marble, Ural stones: serpentine and granite.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ministry of Defence of Russia.|