|Owner||Town of Morristown|
|Serves||Morristown, New Jersey|
|Location||Whippany, Morris County|
|Elevation AMSL||187 ft / 57 m|
Morristown Airport (IATA: MMU, ICAO: KMMU, FAA LID: MMU) is in Morris County, New Jersey three miles east of downtown Morristown. Operated by DM AIRPORTS, LTD, it is in the Whippany section of Hanover. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 called it a general aviation reliever airport.
President Donald Trump flies into the airport on an Air Force Boeing C-32 operating as Air Force One during his weekend visits and 2017 summer vacation at his home at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, which is about 24 miles southwest of the airport.
Judge Joseph Stamler of New Jersey Superior Court issued a 1969 opinion in a case regarding noise from business jets operating at the airport, brought by residents and governments of surrounding municipalities, in which he set a curfew limiting takeoffs and landings during overnight hours. The judge said, "the giants of industry will see the wisdom of slowing the cross-country speed of their important executives, and will take a close, concerned look at the little people of this country" who were dealing with the impact of noise and ticket prices.
In the year ending August 30, 2012, the airport had 72,702 aircraft operations, an average of 199 per day: 84% general aviation, 15% air taxi, 1% military and <1% airline. In November 2016, there were 194 aircraft based at this airport: 89 single-engine, 17 multi-engine, 81 jet and 7 helicopter.
Morristown Airport covers 625 acres (253 ha) at an elevation of 187 feet (57 m). It has two asphalt runways: 5/23 is 5,998 by 150 feet (1,828 by 46 m) and 13/31 is 3,997 by 150 feet (1,218 by 46 m).
Morristown Airport is home to multiple based Jet Charter Operators available to the public. It has four flight schools on site: American Flyers, ATP, Certified Flyers, and NOVA Aviation.
Airlines and destinations
|Ultimate Air Shuttle|| Cincinnati–Lunken |
Seasonal: Currituck County
Top destinations (September 2016 – August 2017)
|1||Cincinnati–Lunken, Ohio||4,860||Ultimate Air Shuttle|
|2||Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky, Ohio||610||Ultimate Air Shuttle|
- FAA Airport Master Record for MMU (PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 10, 2016.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (MMU: Morristown Airport)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "MMU - Morristown Airport New Jersey - General Aviation Airport". www.mmuair.com.
- "Trump lands in Bedminster for weekend in Jersey".
- Coughlin, Kevin. "Morristown airport, police preparing for President Trump this weekend - Morristown Green". morristowngreen.com.
- Saxon, Wolfgang. "Joseph Howard Stamler, 86, Influential New Jersey Judge", The New York Times, October 23, 1998. Accessed January 24, 2018.
- "Stamler Sums Up Career", The New York Times, April 29, 1973. Accessed January 24, 2018.
- "Fixed Based Operators". Morristown Airport.
- "Ultimate Air Shuttle Timetable" (PDF). Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "MMU Traffic Stats (September 2016 – August 2017)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics. US Department of Transportation. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- Morristown Airport, official website
- Morristown Airport (MMU) at New Jersey DOT Airport Directory
- Signature Flight Support and FTC FBO, the fixed-base operators (FBOs)
- Taxi and Car Service at Morristown Airport, Transportation
- Aerial image as of March 1991 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective June 20, 2019
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MMU, effective June 20, 2019
- Resources for this airport:
- FAA airport information for MMU
- AirNav airport information for KMMU
- ASN accident history for MMU
- FlightAware airport information and live flight tracker
- NOAA/NWS weather observations: current, past three days
- SkyVector aeronautical chart, Terminal Procedures
|This article about an airport in New Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|