|Link light rail station|
Station during early construction stages, August 2019
|Location||5th Avenue NE & NE 145th Street|
|Operated by||Sound Transit|
Shoreline South/145th is a planned elevated station on Sound Transit's Lynnwood Link Extension, part of the Link Light Rail system. It will be located at the intersection of Interstate 5 and State Route 523 (NE 145th Street) in Shoreline and will open in 2024 with the rest of the line.
Shoreline South/145th station will be located adjacent to Interstate 5 at State Route 523 (NE 145th Street), which is situated between the cities of Seattle and Shoreline. The preferred alternative describes an elevated station located in the northeast corner of the reconstructed interchange, attached to a 500-stall parking garage.
In August 2016, Sound Transit moved the station's location approximately 400 feet (120 m) north of the initial site, to improve bus connections.
The Northeast 145th Street flyer stop was built by Metro Transit in 1979, with thru ramps for both northbound and southbound buses. An additional set of ramps allows buses entering and exiting I-5 via SR 523 to serve the flyer stops.
- "Lynnwood Link project phases". Sound Transit. Retrieved December 2, 2018.
- "Executive Summary". Lynnwood Link Extension Final Environmental Impact Statement (PDF) (Report). Sound Transit. April 1, 2015. p. S7. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- Lindblom, Mike (April 23, 2015). "4 North End light-rail stations get Sound Transit's green light". The Seattle Times. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- Adolph, Carolyn (August 22, 2016). "More Shoreline residents will lose homes for new light rail station". KUOW News. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "Project to take I-5 lane out of service". The Seattle Times. September 6, 1979. p. A15.
- "SR 5 – Exit 175: Junction SR 523/NE 145th Street" (PDF). Washington State Department of Transportation. February 7, 2011. Retrieved July 28, 2018.
- Lynnwood Link Extension
|This Washington train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|