|No. 346 Squadron RAF|
|Active||15 May 1944 – 15 November 1945|
|Allegiance||Free French Forces|
|Branch||Royal Air Force|
|Part of||RAF Bomber Command|
The squadron was formed at RAF Elvington on 15 May 1944 from Groupes 2/23 ‘Guyenne’ airmen who had been based in North Africa. It was equipped with British Halifax heavy bomber aircraft and then took part in night bombing raids over Germany.
The squadron moved to Bordeaux in October 1945 after hostilities had ceased and transferred from RAF to French control on 15 November 1945.
|May 1944||Jun 1944||Handley Page Halifax||V|
|May 1944||Apr 1945||Handley Page Halifax||III|
|Mar 1945||Nov 1945||Handley Page Halifax||VI|