|No. 432 Squadron RCAF|
432 All Weather Fighter Squadron RCAF
|Branch||Royal Canadian Air Force|
|Role||Strategic bombing (1943–1945)|
|Part of||No. 6 Group RCAF (1943–1945)|
|Motto(s)||Saeviter ad Lucem|
("Ferociously towards the light")
|Squadron Code||QO (1943–1945)|
|Squadron Badge||Argent in front of a full moon Argent a Cougar leaping downwards Sable armed and langued Gules.|
|Bomber||Vickers Wellington Mk.X|
Avro Lancaster Mk.II
Handley Page Halifax Mk.III & VII (1943–1945)
|Fighter||Avro Canada CF-100 Canuck (1954–1961)|
The squadron deployed to RAF East Moor in mid-September, equipping with Lancaster Mk.IIs in October. In February 1944 they changed to Halifax Mk.IIIs, upgrading these to Halifax Mk.VIIs in July.
As part of a Royal Canadian Air Force public relations plan, the town of Leaside officially "adopted" No. 432 Squadron RCAF. Formed and adopted on 1 May 1943 the squadron took the town's name as its nickname, becoming 432 "Leaside" Squadron RCAF. The sponsorship lasted the duration of the war.
The squadron was disbanded at East Moor in May, 1945.
Manuel Sharko was a mid-upper gunner in a Halifax bomber during the war.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 432 Squadron RCAF.|