Манастир Нова Павлица
Picture of Monastery in 2011
|Established||between 1381 and 1388|
|Dedicated to||Presentation of Mary|
|Founder(s)||Stefan and Lazar Musić|
|Status||Eparchy of Žiča|
|Location||Pavlica, Raška, in southwestern Serbia|
The Nova Pavlica (Serbian Cyrillic: Манастир Нова Павлица) is a 14th-century Serbian Orthodox monastery located in Pavlica, Raška, in southwestern Serbia. It belongs to the Eparchy of Žiča. The monastery is located near Stara Pavlica, near river Ibar and near old town of Brvenik.
The monastery was founded by Stefan and Lazar Musić, members of Serbian noble Musić family. Their father was čelnik Musa and mother was Dragana Hrebeljanović, sister of Prince Lazar. The icons in church were painted in 1387. The monastery is dedicated to the Presentation of Mary. The monastery belongs to the Morava architectural school.
The building of Monastery was completed before the Battle of Kosovo, between 1381 and 1388. When relics of Prince Lazar were transferred to the Ravanica Monastery in 1390, they remained during one night in the Nova Pavlica Monastery.
The church of the monastery was reconstructed and expanded in 1464 by Michael Angelović. The Ottoman defter of Brvenik kadilik probably mentions this monastery when it described it as New Church. In 1955 the fascade of the church was repaired.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nova Pavlica.|