|Staten Island Railway station (rapid transit)|
Oakwood Heights station in September 2020.
|Address||Guyon Avenue & South Railroad Avenue|
Staten Island, NY 10306
|Services||Local (All times)|
|Transit connections||New York City Bus: S57|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||April 23, 1860|
|Next north||New Dorp|
|Next south||Bay Terrace|
The station opened as Richmond on April 23, 1860, with the opening of the Staten Island Railway from Vanderbilt's Landing to Eltingville. The station was named Richmond as the station was on the border between Richmond and Oakwood. Afterwards, sometime around 1885 the station was renamed Court House. The station was a flag stop. The station was later renamed Oakwood, and then finally Oakwood Heights after the other neighborhood on the border of the station. A 1909 timetable calls the station Oakwood Heights, but puts Court House in parentheses.
The station is located on an open cut at Guyon Avenue and Railroad Avenue. It has two side platforms and beige painted walls. This station is used frequently by students of the nearby Monsignor Farrell High School.
|M||Overpass||Exit/entrance, connection between platforms|
|G||Street level||Station house, exit/entrance, buses|
|Southbound||← toward Tottenville (Bay Terrace)|
← rush hour express does not stop here
|Northbound||toward St. George (New Dorp) →|
The north end has an overpass with two exits, one to Oak Avenue for the northbound platform, and the other to Cedarview Avenue for the southbound platform side. Another exit at the south end leads to Guyon Avenue.
Media related to Oakwood Heights (Staten Island Railway station) at Wikimedia Commons