|Staten Island Railway station (rapid transit)|
The platforms at Prince's Bay facing southbound.
|Address||Seguine Avenue & Waterbury Avenue|
Staten Island, NY 10309
|Services||Local (All times except rush hours in the peak direction)|
Express (Rush hours in peak direction only)
|Transit connections||New York City Bus: S55, S56, SIM25|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||June 2, 1860|
|Former/other names||Lemon Creek|
|Next south||Pleasant Plains|
The station opened on June 2, 1860 as Lemon Creek, with the opening of the Staten Island Railway from Annadale to Tottenville. Prior to being placed in an open-cut the station consisted of a small platform connected to a small station house, which was connected to a two-story house. The platform could be reached by going up a short staircase.
The station is located near Seguine Avenue and Amboy Road on the main line, and is located is in an open-cut with two side platforms, green canopies, and walls of steel and concrete. A railroad spur leading to the St. George-bound tracks also exists just outside of this parking lot. Maps do not show the station name with apostrophe while the station signs do. The latter is the historically correct (and official) name. This station was the last all-timber platform on the line before being replaced in the early 1990s.
|G||Street level||Station house, exit/entrance, buses|
|Southbound||← toward Tottenville (Pleasant Plains)|
|Northbound||toward St. George (Huguenot) →|
There is an exit/entrance on the south end of each platform that allows access to Seguine Avenue. An exit/entrance on the northern end of the St. George (north) bound platform allows access to a small free commuter park & ride lot that is accessible from Herbert Street.
Media related to Prince's Bay (Staten Island Railway station) at Wikimedia Commons