Saint Martin's School of Art was an art college in London, England. It offered foundation and degree level courses. It was established in 1854, initially under the aegis of the church of St Martin-in-the-Fields. Saint Martin's became part of the London Institute in 1986, and in 1989 merged with the Central School of Art and Design to form Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
|Type||academy of art and design|
|Campus||107–109 Charing Cross Road|
From 1952 to 1979 Frank Martin was head of the sculpture department of Saint Martin's. He brought in young sculptors such as Anthony Caro, Robert Clatworthy, Elisabeth Frink and Eduardo Paolozzi to teach, and also employed as part-time teachers recent graduates of the department, including David Annesley, Michael Bolus, Phillip King, Tim Scott, Bill Tucker and Isaac Witkin. Caro's influence was particularly strong, and the group around him came to be known as the New Generation of British sculptors. The sculpture department became, in the words of Tim Scott: "the most famous in the art world".
Alumni of the school include:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Saint Martin's School of Art.|