|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives|
from the 111th district
January 3, 1995 – January 3, 2017
|Preceded by||Kenneth E. Lee|
|Succeeded by||Jonathan Fritz|
|Born||September 4, 1954|
|Alma mater||Keystone Junior College|
University of Scranton
Sandra J. Major (born September 4, 1954) was a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives from the 111th District between 1995 and 2017. Prior to her election to the House, she was Susquehanna County Treasurer and district assistant to former Representative Carmel Sirianni.
Major was elected to the leadership position of Republican Caucus Chairwoman for the 2007-08 legislative session.
Major is a graduate of Mountain View High School and Keystone Junior College. She also attended the University of Scranton. She is a member of several organizations, including the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency
|2000||Sandra Major||19,614||77%||Angelo Sabbatini||5,713||23%|
|2002||Sandra Major||15,191||100%||No Candidate|
|2004||Sandra Major||21,619||90%||No Candidate||Jay Sweeney||Green||2,379||10%|
|2006||Sandra Major||16,013||83%||No Candidate||Jay Sweeney||Green||3,381||17%|
|2008||Sandra Major||21,430||87%||No Candidate||Jay Sweeney||Green||3,201||13%|
|2010||Sandra Major||14,358||75%||Jim Knapp||4,027||19%||Jay Sweeney||Green||1,103||6%|
|2012||Sandra Major||17,750||71%||Jeffrey Dahlander||7,243||29%|
- "SESSION OF 1995 - 179TH OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY - No. 1" (PDF). Legislative Journal. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 1995-01-03.
- "Representative Sandra J. Major (PA)". Project Vote Smart. 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Representative Major's profile". Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- "Sy Snyder's Best Dressed Legislators". PoliticsPA. The Publius Group. 2002. Archived from the original on 2002-08-03.
- "Election Results". Pennsylvania Department of State. Archived from the original on 2012-11-13.
- Representative Sandra Major official web site
- PA House profile