Location of Slivo Pole
|• Mayor||Valentin Atanasov|
|Elevation||23 m (75 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Slivo Pole (Bulgarian: Сливо поле, pronounced [ˈslivo poˈlɛ]) is a town in northeastern Bulgaria, part of Rousse Province. It is the administrative centre of the homonymous Slivo Pole Municipality, which lies in the northeastern part of the Province. The town is located five kilometres from the Danube, along the main road from Rousse to Silistra. As of December 2009, it has a population of 3,169 inhabitants.
Slivo Pole was proclaimed a town on 29 November 2002. Tatars had settled in the area following the Crimean War (1853–1856), as well as Bulgarians from Rousse and from Romania after 1863. The village was known as Islepol and Slepovo and was officially named Slivo Pole ("plum field") in 1912, as it was called so by the travellers who would stay in the local inn which had a big plum orchard.
Slivo Pole municipality covers an area of 276 square kilometres and includes the following 11 places:
A notable sight in the area (partially in Slivo Pole municipality, mostly in Tutrakan municipality, Silistra Province) is the Kalimok-Brashlen protected area which includes several Danubian islands (Mishka, Malak Brashlen, Golyam Brashlen, Pyasachnik, Bezimenen, Kalimok, Radetski and Tutrakan) and is an internationally important bird area with many endangered species.