|National origin||United States|
|Manufacturer||St. Louis Aircraft Corporation|
|Primary user||United States Army Air Forces|
|Developed from||St. Louis PT-1W|
The St. Louis YPT-15 was an American two-seat primary training biplane, built by the St. Louis Aircraft Corporation for use by the United States Army Air Corps. 13 examples of the type were acquired, serving in the late 1930s.
The PT-15 was a development of the "off-the-shelf" PT-1W for use by the U.S. Army Air Corps, ordered for stop-gap duty in the training of airmen in the build-up to World War II. The wings were fabric covered, but the fuselage was aluminum covered. A single Wright R-760 radial engine of 220 horsepower (160 kW) provided power.
One prototype PT-1 crashed at Wright field trials on 23 May 1936 bearing the serial number of an older design, the St. Louis PT-35 All thirteen examples of the YPT-15 were locally assigned (as PT-15s) to Parks College Civilian Pilot Training Program. The PT-15 was the only St. Louis design ever acquired by the Army Air Corps.
There is at least one YPT-15 still in existence. It is located at the WAAAM airplane and automobile museum in Hood River Oregon.
Data from 
Aircraft of comparable role, configuration, and era