Star Micronics Co., Ltd. (スター精密株式会社, Sutā Seimitsu Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese multinational electronic components and printer manufacturing company headquartered in Shizuoka, Japan. It was founded in 1947 as a precision processor of miniature components, later expanding into automatic lathes, printers, micro audio components, and other fields.
Star Micronics Co., Ltd.
|Industry||Electronics and printers|
|Founded||Tegoshi, Shizuoka, Japan|
|Hajime Sato (President and CEO)|
|Products||printers, electronic components, precision parts|
|Revenue|| ¥35,717 million (£267 million) (Year ended 28 February 2011)|
Number of employees
|Website||Star Micronics Co., Ltd.|
Star Micronics employs around 2,500 staff in several countries and had total revenues of £267 million in 2010.
Star Manufacturing Co., Ltd. was established in 1950 with a capital of ¥ 500,000, in Tegoshi, Shizuoka, to manufacture and sell wristwatches and camera parts.
- ^ Star Micronics Co., Ltd. "Financial Indicators of Star Micronics Co., Ltd". Archived from the original on 16 March 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2011.
- ^ Star Micronics Co., Ltd (28 February 2011). "Star Micronics Co., Ltd Business Area". Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- ^ "Star Micronics Co., Ltd Sales Figures". Reuters. 11 April 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- ^ Star Micronics Co., Ltd. "Star Micronics Co., Ltd Investor Relations". Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- ^ "Company Interview: Star Micronics". Kiosk Europe. 5 April 2006. Archived from the original on 25 March 2012. Retrieved 8 June 2011.