Sveti Đurađ monastery

Sveti Đurađ or St. George monastery (Serbian Cyrillic: Манастир Свети Ђурађ, Romanian: Mănăstirea Sângeorge) is a medieval Serbian Orthodox monastery located in Sângeorge village, Timiș County, Romania, 20 km from the Romanian-Serbian border. It was established in 1485 by Serbian despot Jovan Branković; the present buildings date to 1793-1794.

The monastery is listed as a historic monument by Romania's Ministry of Culture and Religious Affairs. The monastery church and the monks' cells are given as separate entries.[1]

Gallery

See also

References

  1. ^ (in Romanian) Lista Monumentelor Istorice 2010: Județul Timiș[permanent dead link]