|Launched||1 January 1956|
|Owned by||Gazprom Media|
|Picture format||SECAM (576i)|
|Audience share||2.5% (February 2012, TNS Russia)|
|Formerly called||The Belarusian Program|
(1 January 1956 – 18 April 1970)
|NTV Plus (Russia)||18|
|Eutelsat W7||12054R 27500 3/4|
|Express MD1||3875R 32000 3/4|
|Yamal 201||3645L 28000 3/4|
|Intelsat 904||11635V 29270 5/6|
TV-3 is a Russian television channel focused on entertainment. It mainly broadcasts TV series in mystery, science fiction and fantasy genres. It was purchased in 2006 by Vladimir Potanin's ProfMedia (ПрофМедиа), which in turn was purchased by the Russian natural gas giant Gazprom and placed in its Gazprom Media division in December 2013.
TV-3 has been accused of propaganda of superstition and esoterism, including showing of films made of statements of scientists taken out of context that made it look like the scientists were talking to the TV-3 presenter. In 2015, it was nominated for "the most harmful pseudoscientific project (for spreading of myths, delusions and superstitions)" antiprize of a state prize of the Ministry of Education and Science; the prize was, however, awarded to REN TV's conspirological documentaries.
In 2016 the director, Daria Legioni-Fialko, was removed in order to comply with the new Media Law that requires that broadcasting programming be directed only by Russian citizens without dual citizenship.
- Рейтинги СМИ - ТВ (in Russian). TNS Russia. February 2012. Archived from the original on 13 September 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- Holdsworth, Nick (18 October 2007). "Prof-Media restructures operations: Move follows series of acquisitions". Variety. Archived from the original on 4 December 2017.
- Bessudnov, Alexei (2008). "Media Map". Index on Censorship. 37 (1): 185. doi:10.1080/03064220701882780.
- Kozlov, Vladimir (26 November 2013). "Russia's Gazprom Media Acquires ProfMedia Group". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 30 January 2017.
- А. М. Черепащук «Бесстыдство некоторых российских СМИ поражает воображение» // Бюллетень «В защиту науки», № 9, 2011 год, стр.17-18, копия
- "» Телеканал РЕН ТВ получил антипремию за лженауку Комиссия по борьбе с лженаукой и фальсификацией научных исследований". klnran.ru. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- Представителей СМИ и популяризаторов науки наградили премией «За верность науке» [Representatives of the media and popularizers of science were awarded the prize "For fidelity to science"] (in Russian). Ministry of Education and Science of Russia. 11 February 2015.
- ТНТ и ТВ 3 лишились гендиректоров [TNT and TV 3 were deprived of general directors]. Broadcasting (in Russian). Russia. Archived from the original on 12 June 2017.