|Address||708 Jackson Place NW|
|Town or city||Washington, DC|
|Landlord||General Services Administration|
The Trowbridge House is a historic building located in Washington, D.C., that is currently[when?] being renovated to serve as a presidential residence, specifically for the use of former presidents of the United States while visiting the capital city. The only US government residential facility currently dedicated for use by former presidents is the Presidential Townhouse.
Constructed in 1859 as the residence of William P. Trowbridge, Trowbridge sold the house in 1869 and, in the early 20th century, it was leased by the United States government for use as office space. The government ultimately purchased the building in 1950 and, over the following decades, it housed the offices of the Commission of Fine Arts, and from 1989 to 1993 The President.’s Drug Advisory Council. Larer the White House Millennium Council, Psychological Strategy Board, Operations Coordinating Board, White House Office of Women's Initiatives and Outreach, and White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives.