Pištalo in Toronto, 2012
Sarajevo, PR Bosnia and Herzegovina, FPR Yugoslavia
|Notable works||Tesla, portret među maskama|
Vladimir Pištalo graduated from the University of Belgrade's Faculty of Law and earned his doctorate at the University of New Hampshire under the theme of the manifold identity of Serbian immigrants. He now works at Becker College in Worcester, Massachusetts where he teaches World and American history.
He published the following prose books:
- Slikovnica (1981)
- Noći (1986)
- Manifesti (1986)
- Kraj veka (1990)
- A Novel: Corto Maltese (1987)
- Tesla: A Portrait with Masks (2008)
Short story books:
- Vitraž u sećanju (1994)
- Priče iz celog sveta (1997)
- A biography of Alexander the Great (1999)
- Milenijum u Beogradu (2000)
- O čudu (2002)
The French language translation of his novel Milenijum u Beogradu was a choice for the prestigious award Femina for the best translated novel in French.
- Becker College (2012-01-15). "Author and Professor Vladimir Pistalo's New Novel Awarded Serbia's Golden Hit Liber". Retrieved 2012-05-12.
- "Veče Vladimira Pištala". rts.rs. 2010-04-30. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- Vreme article