||Look up Wake or wake in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Wake or The Wake may refer to:
- Wake (ceremony), a ritual which takes place during some funeral ceremonies
- Wakes week, an English holiday tradition
- Parish Wake, another name of the Welsh gŵyl mabsant, the fairs held on the local parish's patron saint's annual feast
Film, television, and audio
- Wake (opera), a 2018 opera by Giorgio Battistelli
- The Wake (UK band), a post-punk band
- The Wake (American band), a gothic rock band
- Wake (Dead Can Dance album), 2003
- Wake (Floater album), 2010
- Wake (Mortal album), 1994
- Wake (Tara MacLean album), 2008
- Wake (Trio Töykeät album), 2005
- Wake (Lycia album), 1989
- Wake (For Today album), 2015
- The Wake (IQ album), 1985
- The Wake (Scott Kelly album), 2008
- The Wake (Voivod album), 2018
Places and schools
- Wake, Okayama, Japan
- Wake, Virginia, U.S.
- Wake County, North Carolina, U.S.
- Wake Forest, North Carolina, U.S.
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, U.S.
- Wake Island, in the Pacific Ocean
- WAKE (cipher), a stream cipher
- Wake (physics), the region of recirculating flow immediately behind a moving solid body
- Wake low, a meteorological phenomenon which can cause high winds
- Wake-on-LAN, a signal that activates a device via a network connection
- Wake-on-ring, or Wake-on-Modem (WOM), a signal that activates a device via a telephone connection
- Wake turbulence, the air turbulence that forms around and behind an aircraft
- Wake, a group of vultures