Waverly Street Bridge
Replacement bridge in January 2014
|Location||Waverly St. at Georges Creek, Westernport, Maryland|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architect||King Bridge Co.|
|Architectural style||bowstring arch truss|
|NRHP reference No.||84001327|
|Added to NRHP||September 7, 1984|
The Waverly Street Bridge, also called the Westernport Bowstring Arch Truss Bridge, was a historic steel bowstring truss bridge at Westernport, Allegany County, Maryland, United States. It carried vehicular traffic on Waverly Street over George's Creek. The bridge had a span length of 108 feet (33 m). It was built in 1892, by the King Bridge Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
- List of bridges documented by the Historic American Engineering Record in Maryland
- List of bridges on the National Register of Historic Places in Maryland
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- Geoffrey Henry; Mark Edwards; David Dorsey & Paula Spero (April 1984). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Waverly Street Bridge" (PDF). Maryland Historical Trust. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- Waverly Street Bridge, Allegany County, including undated photo, at Maryland Historical Trust
- Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) No. MD-83, "Waverly Street Bridge, Spanning George's Creek, Westernport, Allegany County, MD", 11 photos, 8 measured drawings, 13 data pages, 1 photo caption page
|This article about a Registered Historic Place in Allegany County Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a bridge in Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|