|⁃ location||Sand Lake, New York, Rensselaer County, New York, New York|
|Troy, New York|
|20 ft (6.1 m)|
The stream is named after Wijnant Gerritsen van der Poel (1617–1699), a Dutch cabinet maker from Meppel who owned a sawmill on it in the 1650s, while kill is from an archaic Dutch word for "stream".
- Horse Heaven Brook
- Glass Lake
- Crooked Lake
- Crystal Lake
- Burden Lake
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Wynants Kill
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National MapArchived 2012-04-05 at WebCite, accessed October 3, 2011
- Dutch influence lingers in New York names
- John Warren, The Poesten Kill: Waterfalls to Waterworks in the Capital District, page 46
- Kennedy, Merrit (11 June 2016). "For the First Time in Decades, Herring Are Spawning in a Hudson River Tributary". The Two-Way. NPR. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
|This article related to a river in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a location in Rensselaer County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|