The 1983 State of the Union address was given by President Ronald Reagan to a joint session of the 98th United States Congress on Tuesday, January 25, 1983. The speech was the second State of the Union address of President Reagan's first term.
The Democratic Party response was delivered by Senator Robert Byrd (WV), Senator Paul Tsongas (MA), Senator Bill Bradley (NJ), Senator Joe Biden (DE), Rep. Tom Daschle (SD), Rep. Barbara Kennelly (CT), House Speaker Thomas P. O'Neill III (MA), Rep. George Miller (CA), Rep. Les AuCoin (OR), Rep. Paul Simon (IL), Rep. Timothy Wirth (CO), and Rep. Bill Hefner (NC).
- "Length of State of the Union Addresses in Minutes". Presidency.ucsb.edu. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "Length of State of the Union Addresses". Presidency.ucsb.edu. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- "List of Opposition Responses to State of the Union Addresses". Presidency.ucsb.edu. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- (full transcript), The American Presidency Project, UC Santa Barbara.
- 1983 State of the Union Address (video) at C-SPAN
- Full video and audio, Miller Center of Public Affairs, University of Virginia.
1982 State of the Union Address
| State of the Union addresses
1984 State of the Union Address
|This article related to the politics of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|