Dáibhí Ó Cróinín
Dáibhí Iarla Ó Cróinín
August 29, 1954
Ó Cróinín received a B.A. in Early Irish History from University College Dublin in 1975 and an M.Phil. in Medieval Studies from the same in 1977. He received his Ph.D. from University College Galway in 1985; it was on a seventh- century Hiberno-Latin computistical tract which he discovered, and this work was published by the Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies in the University of Toronto.
An author of many articles and contributor to several books, he specialises in medieval Irish and European history, Early Irish Script and Early Irish Law.
A list of Ó Cróinín's books follows:
- The Irish 'Sex Aetates Mundi', Dublin (1982)
- Cummian's letter 'De controversia Paschali' together with a related Irish compustical tract 'De rationae conputanti', edited with Maura Walsh (Pontifical Institute of Medieval Studies; Studies and texts, lxxxvi), Toronto (1988)
- An Cúigiú Díochlaonadh, Indreabhan, Connamara (1994)
- Early Medieval Ireland, 400–1200, London and New York (1995)
- The songs of Elizabeth Cronin, Irish traditional singer, Dublin (2000)
- Early Irish History and Chronology, Dublin (2003)
- A New History of Ireland, volume one, Dublin (2006)
- "Ó Cróinín (Dáibhí Iarla)". Bibliography of Irish Linguistics and Literature.
- "Curriculum Vitae of Dáibhí Ó Cróinín". Archived from the original on 19 May 2015.
- "Dáibhí Ó Cróinín". History.
- "Staff success". Cois Coiribe. Autumn 2017. p. 43.
- McCormick, Fred (March 2000). "The Songs of Elizabeth Cronin". Irish Music Review. Archived from the original on 19 May 2015.
- Russell, Ian (2003). "The Songs of Elizabeth Cronin, Irish Traditional Singer: The Complete Song Collection". Folk Music Journal. 8 (3). JSTOR 4522696.
- Stout, Matthew (1996). "Early Medieval Ireland 400-1200 Dáibhí Ó Cróinín". History Ireland.
- Dáibhí Ó Cróinín at NUI Galway
- Entry at the Bibliography of Irish Linguistics and Literature 1972-