Donnchadh Ó Corráin
|Born||February 28, 1942|
|Died||October 25, 2017(aged 75)|
|Alma mater||University College Cork|
Donnchadh Ó Corráin (28 February 1942 – 25 October 2017) was an Irish historian and Professor Emeritus of Medieval History at University College Cork. He earned his BA in History and Irish from that institution, graduating in 1964.
He was an early Irish and mediaeval historian and published on the Viking Wars, Ireland in the pre-Hiberno-Norman period and the origin of Irish language names. In addition to his position at UCC, he held academic positions at University College Dublin, Cambridge University, University of Pennsylvania, University of Oslo and Oxford University, where he was a Fellow of Balliol College.
- Ó Corráin, Donnchadh . Ireland before the Normans. Vol. 2. Gill and Mac Millan, 1972.
- Mac Curtain, Margaret, and Donnchadh Ó Corráin. Women in Irish society: The historical dimension. No. 11. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 1979.
- Ó Corráin, Donnchadh, Liam Breatnach, and Aidan Breen. "The laws of the Irish." Peritia 3 (1984): 382-438.
- Ó Corráin, Donnchadh . "Ireland c. 800: aspects of society." A new history of Ireland 1 (2005): 549-608.
- Ó Corráin, Donnchadh. "The Vikings in Scotland and Ireland in the ninth century." Peritia 12 (1998): 296-339.
- Ó Corráin, Donnchadh. "The Irish Church, its Reform and the English Invasion". (2017)
- "Dr. Donnchadh Ó Corráin". University College Cork, Department of History. Archived from the original on 2009-11-11. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- "Tributes to late historian Donnchadh Ó Corráin". irishexaminer.com. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Historian produced 'a bibliographic monument to his patriotism'". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- Donnchadh Ó Corráin on LinkedIn
- institutional homepage
- Extensive list of published articles, CELT
|This biographical article about an Irish historian, chronicler or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|