There is nothing wrong in saying that QuickBooks is not an ideal accounting software as there are countless errors and bugs that a user can face while trying to use it. If you take a look at the QuickBooks forums, you will find most of them covered with queries related to errors. In this post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks error 12007 that occurs when a user tries to download the latest updates of QuickBooks Desktop or the payroll service. The error prompt pops up on the user’s computer screen with an error message, which simply reads, “A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing file server.” To ensure the smooth functioning of QuickBooks and its products, it’s necessary for a user to update it from time to time.
Need immediate troubleshooting assistance to get rid of QuickBooks error 12007? If yes, feel free to contact our experienced QuickBooks experts at the toll-free number (844)-888-4666.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 12007?
There can be several reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 12007. Some of the most common ones are as follows:
- * Internet Explorer is not set up to be the default browser of the system.
- * QuickBooks Desktop fails to connect to the update server because of ill configured security settings of Internet Explorer.
How can you get rid of QuickBooks error 12007?
Solution 1) Set Internet Explorer as the default browser of the system
1. Double-select the icon of Internet Explorer to open the web browser.
2. Select the Tools menu located at the top-right corner of the screen (represented by the Gear icon).
3. Choose the Internet Options option from the drop-down list.
4. Select the Programs tab.
5. Under the Default Web Browser section, select the Make Default button.
6. At last, choose the OK button.
Solution 2) Review the security settings of Internet Explorer
- 1. Double-select the icon of Internet Explorer to open the web browser.
- 2. Select the Tools menu at the top menu bar.
- 3. Choose the Internet Options option.
- 4. Go to the Security tab, choose the icon of Globe and then set the security level to Medium-high.
- 5. Move on to the Connections tab, checkmark the Never Dial a Connection checkbox if you are not using the dial-up node on the system.
Note: If you are using the dial-up node on the system, make sure to select the correct ISP.
- 1. Select the OK button.
- 2. Choose the LAN Settings button
- 3. Select the automatically detect settings option and then see whether the Use a Proxy Server checkbox is marked or not.
Note: If the Use a Proxy Server checkbox is marked, make sure to document the complete address and port. If the port is port 80, clear the checkbox for testing purposes. However, if the port is other than port 80, let the checkbox be marked.
1. Select the OK button.
2. On the Advanced tab, choose the Restore Advanced Settings button.
3. From the Settings, checkmark the Use TLS 1.2 checkbox.
4. Select the OK button.
5. Exit out from Internet Explorer and then reboot the computer.
If QuickBooks error 12007 persists even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the post, then the security applications installed on the computer might be interrupting QuickBooks from accessing the update server. Our recommendation for you is to use the Windows Safe mode to download the updates of the QuickBooks Desktop and see whether this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting resolving the update error, feel free to contact our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number (844)-888-4666.